We highly recommend you do not ice or use NSAIDS before or after the procedure for maximum benefit. This will interfere with the treatment working.
PRP is NOT billable to your health insurance.
Functional Medicine is best combined with Regenerative Medicine for optimal health and benefits. For this reason for optimal benefit from PRP treatments for this reason it is recommened that you sign up for a program before starting PRP Treatments.
Important NOTE: Patients in Lite, Essentials, or Advanced Programs without any contraindications are eligable for PRP after 4-6 weeks or treatment and detoxification.
- 1 Injection: $800 (for less severe conditions or premature early balding)
- 2 injections: $997 (for mild-to-moderate conditions and moderate balding)
- 3 injections: $1,799 (for moderate and more severe conditions)
- 4 injections: $2,399 (for more severe conditions to prevent surgery & joint replacement)
- 5 injections: $2,999
- 6 injections: $3,599
- 9 injections: $4,199 (ongoing treatment, potentially multiple joints, poly-Osteoarthritis)
How many treatments do I need?
It’s hard to say. However, typically 60-95% improvement is noticed with 4-6 PRP Treatments per joint or body region (low back) depending upon the severity of your condition.
PRP has been used in medicine and dentistry for over 30 years now. Many famous athletes have received PRP injections instead of cortisone injections for their joint pains to increase the healing time, resolve chronic pain, arthritis, and for the outstanding regenerative benefits.
PRP is essentially your own blood liquid called plasma and also contains small solid parts of your blood (red cells, white cells, and platelets). It’s commonly called “liquid gold” due to the golden color of plasma. The platelets were previously only thought to aid in blood clotting. However, now science has revealed that platelets also contain hundreds of small proteins called Growth Factors (GF), which aid helping to heal injuries.
PRP is essentially mostly your plasma with a high concentration of platelets and their associated Growth Factors – up to 10 times greater than usual.
The PRP Procedure
A blood draw is completed in the office, the blood sample is spun down in a centrifuge for 10 minutes to concentrate the platelets in the plasma using specially designed PRP technology, and then it is drawn up in a syringe and injected into the affected area where you are suffering. This could include joints, back, neck, scalp (for hair loss), or other regions of the body.
Conditions Treatable with PRP
- Joint Pain (Hip, Knee, Shoulder, finger & thumb joints)
- Sports Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Hair Loss – balding or hair thinning
- Peripheral Neuropathy in ankles from Diabetes or Injury
- Peyronie’s Disease (PRP + PRFM together)
- Autoimmune diseases (Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Medications: Blood Thinners, Aspirin, NSAIDS
- Clotting Disorders
- Inflammation in the blood found on a blood test (High CRP, Fibrinogen, MPO)
- Morbid Obesity (if you are overweight then you will put more weight on knee and hip joints making it hard for the PRP to regeneration tissue)
- History of Cardiovascular Events (heart attack or stroke in the past)